Thursday, June 18, 2015

Fourth of July Crafts

Been so busy lately making crafts for the upcoming 4th, here are a few things I have been doing....



                  Pinwheels!
I used a die cut for the pinwheels, then attached them to straws using two small brads, one in the front and one on the back that attached to the straw. They do function and will go around when hit with wind. I attached to straws with two brads each. I didn't have a short container around so I used a plastic creamer bottle that I cleaned out and cut down. I then wrapped it with packing paper and decorated that with stickers, paper and some stars I punched out.   
The other Rockets I had made were for a friend. I made these to put on my porch. Just wrapped some toilet paper rolls with card-stock, made a cone for the top, fringed some coordinating paper for the bottom, glued a stick to them which I stained using Tim Holts inks. I used my scraps to decorate the container, added some fun stickers and ribbon.


And finally a wreath for the door. This was really simple and quick. Again, I used scraps. These are 2 1/2 inch by 12 inch strips of paper that are just wrapped around a foam wreath I got at the dollar store. I cut the ends in a chevron style and stapled the paper up close by the wreath. I added a pinwheel to it and that was it.

Thank you for stopping by! Have a crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment