Friday, January 16, 2015

Mini Boxes


One of the many things I was busy making when I was working the craft fairs were these cute little gift boxes.

They are paper mache boxes that I painted using Martha Stewart pearl paint. This is the first time I tried these paints and I really do love the look of the sheen and softness you get. It covers very well.

For these three box colors I used, in order, champagne, jet stream and mother of pearl.

 The rosettes I made from a 1.5 in wide cut and then used a border punch prior to creating the rosette. 

White flowers are my favorite to buy because I can always add the right color when I need it. I had three layers and painted the mid layer the same color as I used on the box. For the top petals I added glitter glue then put it together with a pearl brad.

On the last box I used glitter paper for the rosette. The snowflake was made out of white paper which I painted silver and added a thick embossing powder to make it look a little like ice.


No comments:

Post a Comment