Friday, January 6, 2012

Remembering Dreams...



 This photo is a very special one to me. I have been hanging onto it now for 26 years. I took this photo while on vacation when I was 15 yrs. old at a place called River's Edge in Canada. I'm not positive of the name of this lake but its near or part of the Klinaklini River near Kleena Kleene.
I had bought a Polaroid at a 2nd hand store, I loved cameras, and I took it with me. I went out early one morning and just stared out into the water for hours. I took this pic before leaving and it ended up being the only one I took with this camera as I had gone horseback riding later that day, fell off the horse and broke the camera. lol, so much for my new (almost new) camera. On the way home I remember deciding while looking at this pic that I was going to be a photographer.


 I used paper from DCWV The Cafe' Mediterranean stack, both solid and patterned
These flowers I absolutely love, I have had them for a while. I won them years ago at a crop but they had all been taken out of the original packaging and put into a decorated bag so I'm not sure who makes these or if they're still being made. They're a very thin plastic. If anyone knows could you please let me know..I would love to buy more.


The words and scrolls here are rub on's called Blue Awning from KC company.


The actual Polaroid I scanned into the computer and printed out a new enlarged copy. This  is 4x4 so I did not enlarge it much, but I didn't want to use the original as its very fragile now and I have it safe in storage now. Ever since then I have loved Canada. I have been to Canada many times since, all over and just love the country and the people.

Thank you for coming by...

Happy Craftin!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This picture is amazing! I just love your page, it reminds me of how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful country. Loving the paper you used too:)
    I wish I knew where your little flowers came from, I used some just like yours (mine were pink) on a LO years ago.

    Big {{{HUGS}}} from Canada, Candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous photo and a fabulous layout. You've done just enough to hightlight the photo but not detract from it. Great job. Can't wait to crop together.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete