Saturday, January 14, 2012

Niagara Falls in the Winter


This is the falls in Winter. When I was a little girl I saw the falls from the New York side and this time I was with my hubby and we were on the Canadian side. Canadian side is the most beautiful. You can see so much more of the falls. If you are ever up that way during the winter months I highly recommend stopping at the falls.


It was so cold I wanted to create a page that just made me feel cold. I cut out these snowflakes using Winter Woodland on white paper. I then embossed them with star dust, then added a thin layer of Ice White pearl pen, then added crackle glossy accents. Finally I added a few rhinestones for sparkle.


I edged the white paper around the photos with Zutter distrezz-it-all.
I wanted to try and add a feeling of snow drifts.


I really need to improve on my journaling but I do have a few here. I cut out circles and added Martha Stewart sugar cube glitter to the bottom layer, some silver sparkle on the top.


The paper on the corner started out as just white card stock. I inked the embossing plate with silver ink then embossed a snowflake pattern with the bigshot. I tore them into various corner shapes and added some silver glitter to the torn edge.


This is under the falls. Normally there is a 4+ hr wait we were told to view the falls from here. However since no one was there we walked right in and found a frozen solid fall. lol.


The Maid of the Mist wasn't running. Too much ice and cold to run in the winter.
It was soooo cold.


This tree was right across the street from the falls as we were leaving I took a pic of it but it really doesn't show all the tiny icicles that were on there. It was so pretty.



Thank you for stopping by n Happy Craftin!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Those turned out great. I like the journaling circles you made. You are very inspirational. Talk to you soon.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pages are spectacular! I love the white sparkle, grey and blue. You have a great eye for allowing the pictures to pop and the page designs to be the stage that presents them. Gorgeous, my friend. So glad I could spend the cropping time with you!
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGOSH Caprice!!! I'm in awe & I love your LO's! They're beautiful & gave me a little shiver, you two must have ben so cold. I adore what you did with the edges of each page! It makes me miss Niagara, you captured it so amazingly!

    {{Hugs}} Candice

    ReplyDelete