Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Cards


On all my cards I used a new cart I just got from the Circle, Paper Trimmings. I did three different styles. On all I glittered the tree and the frame with Scribbles/Crystal. I embossed all the backgrounds behind the tree using the swiss dots embossing folder. On this one I first put gold on the folder prior to embossing. I also added gold to the tan background. Can't see it too well on the photo. On the star and trunk I used a gold metalic pen along with used Scribbles/Glitter Gold.


I love using ink on embossing folders and I did that on the darker blue background using Memento white and silver pigment ink. The folder is Sizzix/Snowflakes. The star I used Studio glitter glue/Silver and the trunk I used a silver metalic pen and Scribbles/Silver Glitter. On the tree I used the layer option on the cart instead of leaving it white.
I had to add some green, now the actual card itself is a dark green, the picture almost makes it appear black. I always have loved the red and green polka dot paper and wanted to use it this year. I thought it added some fun to this one. The star on this I used Sribbles /Gold and the trunk I just used the metalic gold pen.


For inside I used blue/red inking depending on which card it was for.   




Thank you for visiting!
Happy Craftin!

 

2 comments:

  1. Girl you have been busy! These are fabulous! I can't decide which one is my fave, love them all :) The embossing details are really nice - well done!

    {{{Hugs}}} Candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, my friend, these are wonderful cards. I love the new cartridge - even risked updating the Gypsy so I could have it with me on my trip LOL! I'm making cards Christmas cards today. It's wet, foggy and miserable here right now, so crafting sounds like a great idea.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete