Friday, November 18, 2011

Give Thanks


I used Create a Critter for this cute turkey cut.
I find myself using this cart all the time. For his feathers I embossed using Divine Swirls/Cuttlebug. The hat and the circle background is using Swiss Dots/Cuttlebug.
 I edged all with brown ink and used tiny black brads for the eyes.


The leaves were the most fun part of making the card.
I crinkled up brown paper, soaked it in water, once dry I ironed it flat. I stained it using Tim Holtz inks, cranberry, butterscotch, oregeno and rust colors. I cut the paper into strips, then used ProvoCrafts fall leaf die cuts.
Now the funny part is I used the brown wrapping paper I found from my package of carts I ordered from Cricut.  It was such a nice thin piece of paper I thought this could make some nice leaves...and this is what came of that. So fun!! and the lowest cost paper I could find....well not included the carts I bought...LOL


The sign I used another die cut from ProvoCraft, its from the alphabet collection Curls and Swirls. I stamped the edge of my card and the outsides of the sign with a leaf swirl stamp. The Give Thanks stamp is from CTMH. I used Kaleidacolor Autumn Leaves stamp pad.

I hope you enjoyed visiting.
Thank you!
-n-
Happy Craftin my friends.

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I love your attention to detail - the leaves are great. Your card takes the cake! (I so need to get Create A Critter!!!)

    Talk to you soon! Candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Caprice,
    I just love it. You include the most interesting and amazing techniques. Wonderful, as always, my friend.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute card ! i love that cartridge too! I am so happy to say I am now following you and your amazing creations! I hope you visit my blog,
    annabeedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete