Sunday, November 6, 2011

Christmas lunch in Old Town

 This is my father in law, Bernie with his nose in the flowers. Always trying to make us laugh. It was a cute little place we stopped to eat lunch at in Old Town, NM where we went shopping for the day. My hubby and I went down to visit over the Christmas holiday.   
   You may remember this photo from last week. I had followed a sketch for a contest and didn't like what I ended up with, even though I loved the paper it was on, it just wasn't right...so I decided to withdraw my entry and do something different. The contest is over but I am much happier with the page I came up with.

I used the Christmas Cheer cart, still one of my favorites. The top lights are cut at 1 1/2 in and the bottom at 2 1/2 in. I cut them using white card stock, then I colored them with chalks, heat embossed using clear embossing powder and outlined the edges with ink. The tops of the lights are embossed using detail silver embossing powder. I coiled green wire and layed it flat for their electrical cord.
The holly was also from the Christmas Cheer cart. I also colored with chalks and embossed with clear embossing powder. The lights I used pop dots to raise them from the wire and the holly I used glue dots and the berries I pop dotted.

Thank you for stopping by!
Have a great day Craftin!!

2 comments:

  1. Love this page! Those lights are amazing - so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!!! I think the lights are amazing - I've never tried your technique but it looks wonderful. This is just a super cute page. I'm glad you're happier with it.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete