Saturday, October 22, 2011

Cricut Circle Halloween Home Decor Challenge


 Halloween Shadowbox
The carts I used are many, Chic and Scary for the spider web, banner, skull/crossbones, candleabra and broom. Joys of the season for the fireplace/fire. Create a Critter for the leaves and pumpkins on mantel, Happy Hauntings for the cat/frame and the pumpkins on floor. Whew! I hope I named them all for you. It was a lot, but so so fun. This took me a good two days, but then again I changed my mind many times, so probably 1 day if you aren't as indecisive as me...lol

The cat I heat embossed using clear deep impressions, the frame I used a combo of pirates gold and detail gold. The red cat mask at the top of the frame is also heat embossed using red tinsel.
At the top, its a little hard to see the detail, but I made crown molding using a border embossing folder. I did some folds and created a slant appearing as crown molding would. The spider web I didn't like leaving black as webs glisten and this is part of their creepiness so I used Tim Holtz liquid pearls white opal to make it glisten a bit. The skull/crossbones I also used this on. The candleabra has a black glitter glue on the canles, and pearl pen for the flame and metal.
The pumpkins and leaves I inked with memento ink. The harth I used a rub on and then added glossy accents to give a seperation from the rest of the fireplace. The banner which was so fun, I used green glitter glue and rub on letters on the leaves. This isn't glued down, its hanging from the harth and strung using black string.

The red around the firplace I tired to make look like mosaiac tile. I covered the paper with clear detail and heat embossed. I didn't want too much shine. The fire and log are colored using pearl pens. I used orange, red and black for the flame and brown for the log. The pumpkins on the floor along with the broom to the right are all inked with memento ink.

A lot of work, but so much fun!! I am planning on hanging this up for our Halloween Party! :)
Thanks for visiting and Happy Craftin!

10 comments:

  1. Great decor project! TFS

    Crafty hugs,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. your detail is amazing! I would certainly hang that up for your party. :)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super project - love all of the details (especially the cat picture hung over the mantel). It's terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the scary pumpkins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey It me again I am trying to post I hope you got the The message I sent on face book And I Really would Like that Cart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is spooktacular! Good luck in the challenge!
    Colleen (gonescrappin CC)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Caprice, this is just amazing. Your attention to each special detail is what makes it so perfect. Good luck with the challenge! It's an awesome project.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. All I can say is WOW! Your attention to detail is amazing, frightfully fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool. I love it - great job!!!

    ReplyDelete