Thursday, October 20, 2011

Christmas Card


     Do you have a cart that you are just itchin to try? Mine is Snow Angel. This cart has so many wonderful Christams images. So many you will have a hard time choosing which one to start with. After staring at the booklet for about an hour I finally decided to go with my favorite Christmas flower, the poinsettia. Don't you just love these? So bright and cheery.
    The image was printed at 3.5 along with an extra top layer of the flowers so that I could pop dot them and add some depth off of the pot. I added some glitter to the dark portion of he flowers, leaves and centers.
    Now with the Imagine you can often ruin the image if it gets very wet with glues or glitter glue so gel and glitter pens are a great alternative choice. You will find it helps keep the paper even and not crinkle, also the color won't bleed as it often does with stickles.
     Shading was done using memento ink, then I just added a paper and fabric ribbon along with some Merry Christmas brads I found at Oriental Trading. If you haven't tried Oriental Trading you will love the prices on many of their scrapbook items.

3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card. The way you popped the flowers and added extra shading is perfect. Great job, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! I just took this cartridge out the other day, and your right, there are a lot of great images on it. :)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete