Saturday, February 21, 2015

Die Cut Storage





As crafters, I'm sure you just like me have a lot of die cuts. They are so fun to use while doing layouts and cards, any craft project really. But storing these delicate items have been an issue for me. So I set out to find a better solution than what I had been using.
I decided I loved the magnet style storage so I found some magnet sheets, 8 1/2 x 11. I thought I could make pages and put them into a binder. I took some chipboard that I had and cut it down to 9 x 11. I left a half inch on the side to punch holes in for the binder. I decorated the binder with some cardstock and I have my new die cut storage binder.


 
 




 I have been using these for a few weeks now and am very happy with how little space it takes to store these and how easy it is to get to everything I need. I can lay the book out and grab whatever I need without having to search and dig anymore. This is a one inch binder and it holds 4 sheets of chipboard. I applied magnet sheets to both sides, so I have 8 pages in all for my dies. The one inch size is great because it doesn't get to heavy. 








With the book open, you can see just how many dies it can hold. 


Here is a photo of all the products used. Again, it was a plain 1 inch binder, 12 x 12 chipboard cut down to 9x11 and magnet sheeting. The magnet sheeting I found on scrapbook.com. 


Thank you for visiting and Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment